Saturday, February 4, 2012

SUPER BOWL

The Super Bowl is in town...yep it's here. I should be excited about it but honest I could care less. Football has never been my thing. I tryed really hard a few years ago to get into the game but I could never get into it.

Anyway, its been the buzz around here...of course. Indy has been planning this for like 4 years and I can't wait for it to be over with.

Now that I work pretty close to downtown I decided I would hate myself if I didn't at least make an attempt to go downtown and see all the Super Bowl stuff. So a couple of the ladies from work decided to go down this past Tuesday.

And here is what was saw......


 Yes, people that is a building. It's like 30 some stories high with the picture of the trophy on one side of it . This was amazing to look at. 


 Here I am in front of the circle where they have huge super bowl roman numerals At night they project pictures or movies on the numbers. Its cool to look at during the night. 



 Just a closer picture of the roman numerals


Here is a huge banner of the teams playing in the super bowl. GO Giants!!! Yes, I know I'm not a football fan however I know how many people in Indy feel about the Patriots and I just CAN'T vote for the Patriots.



 This was a random picture of how busy Super Bowl Village was on a Tuesday!!! It was crazy!



 I had to get a pic of these people...they looked all decked out for the party....ummm..even though there wasn't a party.



 I thought it was odd when the lady bent over a little, looked at me and said take a picture of my butt. At first I thought she was crazy until I walked around her...don't worry people that is a fake butt cheek sticking out. The butt has written on it "Kiss this if you don't like the colts". That is a true Colts fan...LOL




 More huge banners


 This was pretty cool looking so I snapped a shot.




 This is a picture just before the sun when all the way down. I was at one end of the street and if you look really hard you can see other end of the street. And the whole way down it was packed with people.  Can you imagine what its going to be like this during the weekend? Remember this was taken on Tuesday before all the crazy drunk partying football fans came into town. This is why I'm staying at home:)


I tryed to get a shot of the Colts cheerleaders during one of their performances. It was fun to watch however the picture didn't turn out to well.

In the end it was fun to at least walk down there and see what everyone was talking about. Am I all excited about it...no, not really...didn't change my mind about the Super Bowl. Everyone kept telling me if I did the NFL Experience I would get excited...but again..I'm not a football fan and going into a building full of football stuff is not exciting to me. So spending $25 on a ticket would be a waist of money in my mind.

I'm glad I at least got to experience the Super Bowl excitement once in my life. I'm glad I got some pictures of it all. This will be something I look back on and am happy I went....still my excitement level is very neutral.

The thing I look most forward to during the Super Bowl is the commercials. So yes I will be watching the super bowl but paying more attention to the commercials than the game.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday people!!!

1 comment:

Osbasso said...

Looks crazy! I think that if I lived in an NFL town, and were about 15 years younger, I'd enjoy it immensely! Glad you got a taste of it, anyway. I know Brandi avoided it like the plague, even leaving town on Friday through Monday, just to keep away from the crazies!