Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day of Rest

We stayed on the ski slope for 4 days and decided we would only ski 3 of the 4 days. We would take one day off to rest. We figured 4 days in a row of skiing would be a little much and I’m so so so glad we decided to do that.
We skied two days in a row and then took the third day off. My muscles in my legs were so achy. Even though I’ve been downing a lot of Avil, stretching and soaking in hot water my muscles were still hating me.

So on our day of rest we decided to go hiking in the rocky mountains. Talk about my legs hating me before we started the really hated me when we got done.

One of the guys that were in our ski instruction group recommended to Mitch that we go up to this one place just outside of town. You had to park and walk about a mile up hill. So Mitch and I drove up to the location and had to find the path up the mountain.

We were not dressed to walk up a mountain that was covered in snow. We stopped several times to take some picture and there was this spot off the path that would have been a great shot of the mountain however when I stepped off the path the snow came up to my knee.

I just started to laugh because I was stuck and couldn’t pull myself back on the path. I had to reach for Mitch to help me up. My shoe was packed with snow and my jeans were covered up to my knee.

As we walked up three skier passed use and 4 people in snowshoes passed. We decided the next time we come out we are going to rent some snowshoes to make it easier to walk up.

Anyway here are some of the pictures that were taken





No comments: