Sunday, July 11, 2010

Magic Jack update

OK, I'm impressed. Magic Jack works really well and you can sign up for 911 service so that your address will display on the operators screen. Which I really like that service.

I had my phone registered and up in ready in less than 5 minutes. Of course they try to up sale you on several option which I declined. When I purchased Magic Jack from Best Buy it came with one year of service for free. Which is good since I paid $40 for the device.

The down fall is that you must have your computer on for the phone to work and the phone won't work if there is a power outage or the Internet line is down. Also if you are downloading anything to your computer the quality of sound is not so good. 

The up side is they have a call forwarding feature that will forward all calls to any other phone. Which after a few minutes I figured out how to get to it.

The other down side is there is no instructions on how to find your account online. Finally I just started to click every thing on the magic jack window and found a link to my account and just started to play around with it.

But over all, if I can have a land line for only $20 a year and still have 911 service (safety first) I think I can deal with the short comings.

If your trying to save a dollar I would suggest to look into the magic jack as an option.

No comments: