Friday, July 3, 2009

New Bedroom!!!

OK...so really I'm bored this weekend. I have nothing planned which means I get the fever to change something in my house. This time I have selected my bedroom as my target. A year or two ago I changed the room from a sage green to a muted purple. One wall a dark plum with the other three walls a light purple.

It really looks nice except I could never find a comforter that fit the room. And beleive me when I say I've looked at several sites and stores hoping to find the right comforter. Which I never found...so what should I do? The comforter I have currently is a golden color and it looks nice and I got it extremely cheap on a 70-90% discounted rack (it's like 600 thread count!). However it doesn't match my walls and it really really bothers me that my room looks like a bad cliche.


So after this long I have finally ran into a nice comforter that I can't turn down. It was just calling my name. I even slept on it over night to make sure it was the right one (I have a bad bad habit of impulse buying) I couln't stop thinking about it...however the glich is my walls will not work with the comforter. Here is the comforter.....Looks comfy does't it and it's already purchase and soon to be at my front door (5-7 days)




So in a few minutes I am going to head to the store(probably sherwin williams because they have the best paint ever) and purchase a mocha for one wall and tan for the other three. It should take me about a day to paint so it won't kill my weekend.

OK, off to the store for some paint, rollers and BLUE tape. I will take some before and some after photos for everyone....i think it's more fun to talk about with pitcures:)

3 comments:

Osbasso said...

Geez, yer a postin' fool! You must be bored! ;-)

We're alot alike. I've got nothing planned for the weekend either, really. And have plenty to keep my attention at home.

Do take some time to have a cold adult beverage at some point!

A Living Diary said...

Now that my room is put back together I will take your advise and sit back and have a cold adult beverage...a little later today:)

Kristin said...

Wow!! Love this cool and beautiful bedding set!! I love it's color and pattern!!