Look I have a new widget (Thanks DeAnna!!)....it looks so much better than just making the lists of books I've read. Take a look at my new bookshelf. Love it!!!
I've been looking for a widget that would allow me to post my books on a bookshelf but I was never able to find one. And of course when I went looking for a blog that might have one I was unsuccessful. Then today DeAnna called me (she just got a MAC....I'm so jealous!) because she was playing with her computer and told me about Shelfari.com. Best little website, It's like a book lovers community.
Anyway, I've played a little with it and got it to up and running on my sidebar...LOVE IT!!!
Talking about running, I ran my 3.1 mile today and it actually felt good, outside of the 14 degree weather. Lungs did hurt a little...I think I found my thresh hold for cold weather and 14 degrees is it. But the Jingle Bell run is next Saturday and I'm getting excited about it.
I just went to a sporting good store and picked up an under armour cold gear shirt. It was fabulous! and it was expensive. $50! I stood there holding the shirt for over an hour trying to rationalize spending $50 on just one. I finally gave in and drove home with my new under armour cold gear shirt.
Tryed it out for the first time today and it is well worth the $50. It kept the sweat off my body and held in the heat...of course in weather like this I had a jacket on as well. But the shirt is great! No regret! I figure I will purchase one running attire at a time.
So after this 5K run there is another run in Feb that is called the polar bear run. It is 5 miles so I will continue training for it. And I plan on signing up for the mini marathon training....and no I don't plan on running the mini this year, at least I don't think I am. As I get closer and work through the training I will figure out if I want to run it or not.
Ok, so why am I being crazy trying to run my legs off. Well medical reasons was the biggest driver in starting to run. I suffer from seasonal depression and when Jan and Feb comes along I struggle with crazy depressed thoughts and have a really hard time getting out of bed, along with other things. I went to a counselor and she wanted to put me on Prozac.
Nope not for me! I only suffer from seasonal depression so that means about 3 months out of the year Prozac will help but because of how that medication works I would have to take it all year round. My counselor was surprise when I asked for alternative options.
So here are my options
1) Move to a state that is sunny all year round (hummmm, not happening!)
2) Tanning bed (Ok, have you seen how fair complected I am.....um, cancer!!! not liking that one)
3) Light Therapy (Ok, this is a good option...I just sit infront of a special light 20 minutes a day and that should work)
4) Increase your exercise (hummmm, that would take effort!)
So after I fired my counselor and 2 months later, in October, I slid into a depressed state...it was bad. For a week I didn't want to get out of bed and life seemed hopeless. Then the sun came back out and things started to get better. And that was the last straw for me. I'm not doing it again this year. I'm not going to get depressed and have crazy thoughts running through my head. I have to do something and I need to do it now!
So on a whim I contact Dawn and that is how it all began. I can really tell a difference already. Usually by this time of year I'm much slower at getting out of bed. But right now getting out of bed is not so bad and I only hit the alarm 2-3 time....compared to 10-15.
So why am I running....because it's making me feel good and happy! And because of that I will continue to run.
Anyway....xmas season is here and I am booked up again through the end of the month. Life has gotten so busy and it feels so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment