It is the most fabulous coconut bon bon recipe on this earth. I love using dark chocoalate but milk chocolate also works.
I was never a huge fan of cooking shows...maybe becuase I would sit and watch these wonderful chefs prepare these awesome meals and I couldn't smell or taste any of it...it would irritate me, I guess I'm a hands on girl!
Anyway one afternoon I was switching through hundreds of channels and landed on the foodnetwork and there was Wolfgang Puck, making something with chocolate. I had to watch!!! Not sure why, but it caught my attention. When he was finished he had made these wonderful coconut bon bons. They looked so good, I googled the recipe later that night and decided to try my hand at them.
I gave them to a couple of coworkers to see how they were and they LOVED them! They each begged me for the recipe.
Now it has become a tradition that I make these "coconut bon bon" as part of xmas cookie gifts.
WARNING: Very addictive!!!!!
So have fun making them and enjoy!
Florida Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Patties
By: Wolfgang Puck
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 ounces (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 egg white
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) unsweetened coconut, packed, plus additional for rolling patties
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate , cut into small pieces*
*If using milk chocolate, add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil while melting.
Directions
Make the coconut filling: In a medium heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, butter, egg white, and salt until very liquid and warm to the touch, about 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and, with a spoon, stir in the coconut and vanilla until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, up to overnight.
When ready to coat the coconut, in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water melt the chocolate. When almost melted, turn off the heat and let the chocolate continue to melt completely, stirring occasionally. Keep the bowl over the warm water.
Form the balls: Line a small tray with parchment paper. Using a scant ounce of the coconut mixture, roll into a small ball and place on the parchment-lined tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture, forming 18 balls.
No comments:
Post a Comment