Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Decorating

I've been struggling with how to decorate my bedroom. Currently it's bland and boring. The walls are painted but there is nothing hanging on them. My furniture consists of a mattress and box springs, two 60's style night stands that  have been spray painted and a dress that I've had since I've been a kid and it was poorly painted several years ago. Then to add to all that awfulness I have a dog kennel next to my bed.

My room has no style and I'm sad to say that is the one room I don't enjoy going into. Anyway, I've tried to dress it up with a new bedspread and some decorative pillows. I did install curtains recently to as some softness to the room. But it's still sad looking.

The other day I was discussing my issue with my bedroom to someone and they pulled up some idea's from pintrest. One of the idea's have been swimming around in my head and on Sunday I decided to go to the fabric store and work on my idea.

All it is, is three picture frames with color fabric inside. It was a simple idea and I ran with it. After an hour of cutting and taping here is the end result.


 This was a really inexpensive way to add color and art work to my room. The fabric was 30% off and the picture frames are recycled from retired artwork I used to have hanging. Love it when an idea comes together!

No comments: