Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Perfect Pie

A few weeks ago Mitch and I traveled to Michigan to pick some peaches. Why did we travel all the way to Michigan for peaches? Well because our normal orchard we go to didn't have any peaches that survived the frost. So Mitch selected an orchard in Michigan and off we went of a day trip. I love the day trips!

There were multiple reasons for getting fresh peaches but the most important one was to make a fresh peach pie! If you've never had one then you should try to make one.

Anyway...Mitch came down to my house about a week later ( we needed time to let the peaches fully rippen) and brought the peaches some supplies and most importantly he brought the recipe. Not only were we going to make a fresh, made from scratch peach pie but we were going to make a cherry pie as well.

So off we started...what we didn't realize is how long it would actually take to make the pies. We didn't get done making the pies until about midnight. I was so tired that I ended up falling asleep on the couch...not sure how long but at some point Mitch called for me to have a sample of the pies.

They were the best pies ever! Ok...I really preferred the peach pie over the cherry pie but they were both really good.

Here are a few pics of the pies



Super yummy! Wish you all could have been able to try the pies...but you can at least see them an imagine how good they taste...LOL!

No comments: