Life has been so busy and I just never know when to slow down....but hey life is to short to wish it away.
I've made the decision to go back to school and get my MBA! Very exciting for me.
I've been thinking about school for a couple of years now but I kept coming up with excused of why I couldn't or shouldn't or the money or the time....you think of a reason and I probably came up with it.
Well recently I've been really thinking about my future and knowing I will be looking for a new job next year (because my contract will be ending. NOTE: if they extend my contract I will be staying!) and in order to stand out in the qualified crowds I need to expand my schooling.
Really the decision was between getting my PMP certification or getting my MBA. It came down to the MBA would allow me more flexibility than the PMP certification.
I contacted the college that I received my bachalors from and talked to them at length about the MBA and then several weeks ago during all my stress of the fence, the patio, becoming president of my HOA and getting a rescue dog I got crazy hair up my ass and called them up and said "OK, I want to get my MBA what do I need to do next".
A couple of weeks ago I received my acceptance letter and today just filled out my FAFSA form. I will be starting at the end of August and will finish in 24 months.
I was going to start in March 2013 but then I thought "why wait, you know you want to go back to college and you will have 9 months to talk yourself out of it" The only down side is that it will slow down my ski season but I can handle that for two years if that means I will have a good paying job at the end.
This should be a fun journey and a great learning experience!
1 comment:
I love how you go after your goals - it inspires me! I also did my MBA during a really busy time in my life, and I never regretted it. You're going to do great, and we're going to cheer you on! Congrats on your latest adventure :)
Post a Comment