Sunday, April 15, 2012

INSANITY

I purchased INSANITY about a year ago and attempted to complete it. I made it a week before a tweeked my back so I put it on the shelf and moved on. The past couple of months I've been thinking about it again, I think mainly because I'm feeling out of shape and have considered going to a gym and then that thought brought me to think about INSANITY.

So this morning after watching an infomercial for INSANITY, and let me tell you there really wasn't anything else to watch early this morning, I decided to do the test again and once again try to complete the two months. I'm horrible at sticking with stuff but I can at least try.

So I got the calendar stuff out which tells me what CD to watch on what day and it gives you a chart for the fitness test that you take every two weeks or so.

The fitness test is only a glimpse of what INSANITY is going to be like and let me tell you I AM OUT OF SHAPE. When you can't even finish the fitness test because your heart is beating to fast and your completely out of breath you know you are out of shape.

The fitness test consists of 8 exercises, and you complete as many reps in one minute of each exercises with a minute break between each one. Sounds easy but after the 3rd one I had to pause the CD for longer than a minute to catch my breath and then again a few exercises later. Its not that the test is all that hard...OK,yes it is but I'm really out of shape.

Here are my scores for each rep
Switch Kicks - 47
Power Jacks - 31
Power Knees - 65
Power Jumps - 12
Globe Jumps - 6
Suicide Jumps - 7
Push-up Jacks - 0 (I gave up on this one, after all the other ones I was tired, out of breath and decided to sit this one out)
Low Plank Oblique -30

If I can actually stick with the program I should be able to complete more in two weeks. You do a workout each day for 6 days and then your off for one day...which will be Saturday for me:) and then start again.

Wish me luck...I'll report back in two weeks.

3 comments:

LSL said...

I'm not familiar with Insanity, but I think the name tells me everything I need to know. You're awesome to do this! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ya big sissy!

A Living Diary said...

LSL...my schedule this week hasn't allowed me to start the program.. I'm hoping next week will be better. I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous......LOL, I'll show who's a big sissy:)