4 days without Internet, TV and phone. It sucked something bad.
I came home on Wednesday and discovered that I didn't have any internet which sucked because I was going to pay my bills. When I went to switch on my TV I didn't have any cable and then I reluctantly checked my phone and it was dead.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
So I called comcast and the soonest they could get out is Monday. Let me think, OH YEAH...that won't work. I was trying to stay calm with the lady but started to get irritated as she continued talk. Then she said something about her computer not working and calling her supervisor and that she would call me back on my cell. She never called back!
So Thursday I called at 6 am in the morning and the guy said the soonest he could get anyone out is Friday from 10-12. I told him go ahead and schedule it but there won't be anyone home because I work a full time job.
Then I call back during my lunch hour because I wanted to discuss the increase in my bill and if there was any way that they could lower it. The answer was nope and she said I was getting a really good rate (ummmm 136 is a good rate? and this was for bare minimum cable). OK at that point I decided I'm switching companies.
She then proceeds to tell me that I have a service call for today. I told her, no I have it scheduled for tomorrow and she said no it was scheduled for today because if I don't have telephone access then they consider that an emergency and they mark it as high urgent.
I told her that noone called me to tell me they switched it and that there will be noone at my house because I was at work and couldn't take off. She asked if she should cancel the service call for tomorrow..I told her don't because if they can't check it today then i need to keep it for tomorrow. She said ok and we ended the call.
So Friday morning come and goes and then it was 12:45 and no call. SOOOOOO after I call att and switched over to uverse...I called comcast yet again. I got another person. He looked at my recorded and let me know that the service all was cancelled for today because they tryed to go out to my house yesterday. So I told him the whole story and he said the earliest he could get someone out is Monday.
I loose my cool at this point!!! I tell him that is unacceptable, this is ridiculous and it needs to be resolved today. He said patiently "so you want to escalate this?" I answer him with a loud "yes, I need this resolved today, this has gone on for to long" He put me on hold for about 5 minutes and all the sudden my cell rings.
It was comcast and they want to schedule a service call for tomorrow (Saturday) and what time would work for me. I said the earliest you have available. So as of 10:15 this morning I had my cable, internet and phone restored!!! Yeah!!!
The guy said it looked like someone messed with the cables out back. The only thing Mitch and I can figure is that when I called a company to come out and mark where the utilities were buried (I'm working on getting a patio installed)which happens to be the same day my service was interrupted and we both think that maybe that company was messing with the wires to figure out where they were from and messed them up some how.
But all is good and I have full service again and I'm back to my normal routine:) Through this whole experience I realize how depended I have become on technology. I felt isolated from the world because I wasn't plug in.
1 comment:
The cable/phone companies always have the upper hand. I had cell service cut off once, and called them immediately from a land line. They took the payment over the phone, but said it could be four hours before I would be reactivated. Can't someone just flip a switch? Isn't it that easy to cut me off??
And $136 is outrageous for minimum cable!
Post a Comment