I’ve been going to a personal trainer (once a week)and have added cardio to my routine (2-3times a week). My personal Trainer had suggested that I reduce my caloric intake down to about 1500 but no lower than 1200.
I thought, what the heck, might as well try again. So I put together this great little spread sheet so I can track what I eat on a daily basis. Thinking, Great this will help me keep on track. Ugh, but it just irritates me.
Like today…..for 1750 this is what you get,
Breakfast
A single bowl of Honey nut cheerios and 1% milk
Snack
Apple - small
Lunch
Turkey sandwich (which is 35 calorie break, 6 sliced of turkey and one slice of provolone cheese)
Doritos (I know bad, but I like them)
Salad with light ranch
Snack
Apple sauce
Dinner
2 chicken legs, grilled no skin
Salad / light Ranch
Fudge bar
I’m sitting here knowing that I have to go to the gym and think that this is insane because I am HUNGRY, maybe my since of what my body needs is completely twisted as we all know that portion sizes have increased, but gawd….this is crazy. I feel like I’ve eaten nothing today.
If I would eat what I normally would my caloric intake would sit at a pretty 3000 per day. Yep I said it….3000 per day…that is what I use to eat….I know, because I actually documented an entire week and didn’t look at the calories until the week was over and found out that I was ingesting about 3000 per day….crazy, I know…I wonder at times why I’m not as big as a house..I should be.
The hard part was quieting fast food…although I did give that up years ago and only eat fast food on the occasion and when I do go I try to pick something, somewhat healthy. However fast food was never my down fall….it the yummy sweets….cookies, candy and most of all iced brownies. Oh!...love the brownies!
However I’m not sure I can keep this up…maybe it’s a mental thing…you know, like when you tell a child they can’t have a cookie and that is all they want until they get it and then they eat the entire bag. Yep that’s me…I tell my self no and that’s all I can think of…food, food, food….that’s why I’m writing this stupid entry…only because I have food on my mind.
I think I need to change my mind set and eat what ever I want again and just live at the gym….it seem so much easier than cutting back on my food.
Ugh, I’m going to the vending machine and getting me a Snickers…so much for this diet thing
2 comments:
Oh, I hope you can stick to this! There's nothing harder, I don't think. And don't think you can do it alone--you need someone to get on your case from time to time.
Now step away from the Snickers...
OK, I didn't get a snickers...I got peanut M&M's:)....the vending machine didn't have snickers. I'm not sure I'm cut out at watching my food...more my personality than anything.
Post a Comment